Aged Care News spoke to For Purpose Investment Partners Executive Director Andrew Thorburn, Catalyst Education CEO Jo Asquith and Generation Australia CEO Malcolm Kinns about our new partnership which will see the launch of an education-to-employment program for Aged Care.
See what they had to say in this article via Aged Care News: https://agedcarenews.com.au/2021/07/07/new-powerhouse-partnership-to-accelerate-skills-development-in-aged-care-sector/
The new Labor Government has not yet responded to the Social Impact Investing Taskforce's report, but as the AFR indicates, there are high hopes the Albanese Government will be attracted to its suggestions for policy reform, including the creation of a “social investing wholesaler” to direct and coordinate investment.
Our Executive Director Michael Traill, who chaired the taskforce, said government could help to “catalyse and crowd-in more funding” for social impact investing.
Read the full article here.
Our very own Michael Traill sat down with Alberto Lidji for a discussion on social investing in Australia, as part of the Do One Better Podcast.
The episode explores a range of topics including:
(1) An overview of philanthropy in Australia today.
(2) Going beyond grant-making and ensuring endowments are invested for impact.
(3) Do investment professionals genuinely value impact investing?
(4) How does a non-profit, impact investment manager actually work?
(5) How do you go about deal flow origination, and what does a deal look like?
(6) How do you go to market with an impact investment proposition?
(7) How will the impact investing market evolve in the coming years?
(8) Do most impact investment opportunities arise from private equity houses, philanthropic foundations, high net worth individuals, or elsewhere?
Former National Australia Bank boss Andrew Thorburn has re-emerged, joining a new originator and investor in deals to manage human services.
The new group, For Purpose Investment Partners, will seek to bring superannuation funding and corporate management skills into the aged care, mental health, disability, social housing and education sectors..
Our Social Impact Fund I will open to new investors shortly, following a successful first close of $67m in December 2021.
To stay updated, enter your details below: